POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Jun 2001 11:38:18
Message: <3b2cceea@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> We don't want ANY particles to fall through! Go back
> to the drawingboard! NOW! ;)

Ok then. It'll probably not delay the release more than a few months anyway.

> You'll figure it out. Why don't you ask at p.a-u?

Dunno. I figured that if anybody else here had been working on flowing
algorithms I would have heard about it, or they would have contacted me. But
sure, I'll try.

> I would be cool if we could do an external version of this,
> and feed the data back to POV. Collision detection would be
> the tough part, though. :\

Replace the word "tough" with "impossible" and it'd be correct...

The real solution would be to do a patch, but I won't be able to do that in
any near future.

> > I didn't use pseudo motion blur this time, so I tried to
> > compensate by using real motion blur using an external program.
>
> I was going to ask after watching it, if you used motion blur.
> Looks cool.

Thanks, but I think myself that it's a bit too much.

> Pseudo and real motion blur are better together, I think.

To scale the blob elements longer in the direction of movement AND use
external motion blur? Hmm...

> > I also improved the heightfield, changed the
> > camera view, textures and so on.
>
> I approve of this new look.

Phew! :)

> It's a good speed to show off the effect. Too slow for RL, though.

I'll speed it up next time.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)